Officials at Accent Signage Systems in Minneapolis vowed Monday that the company will continue operations despite the worst workplace shooting in recent Minnesota history that left seven dead, including the shooter, and two wounded.
At a media conference, Shereen Rahamim, wife of the slain owner Reuven Rahamim, said the Sept. 27 tragedy had been devastating to the company and its families. “In the weeks since, we have spent more time at funerals than anyone should ever have to,” WCCO reports. She says they will never get over it, but they will get through it.
Fox 9 has her full statement, in which she thanks the community for support.
KARE 11 reports that Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak said company founder Reuven Rahamim said the business could be summed up with the phrase: "We help people find their way."