Skip to main content

Adrian Peterson: I'm at 95 percent

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson told reporters today he’s “95 percent” of what he was before his knee surgeries. As for the other 5 percent, Peterson says when he gets that back...watch out.
  • Author:
  • Updated:
    Original:

[preserve]<script src="http://storify.com/sportsmn2/adrian-peterson-i-m-at-95-percent.js"></script><noscript>[<a href="http://storify.com/sportsmn2/adrian-peterson-i-m-at-95-percent" target="_blank">View the story "Adrian Peterson: I'm at 95 percent" on Storify</a>]</noscript>[/preserve]

Next Up

Eli Hart

Charges: 6-year-old Eli Hart shot up to 9 times by his mother

The 28-year-old is facing 2nd-degree murder charges.

dave lee wcco radio

Former WCCO Radio host Dave Lee moves into podcasts

His new podcast, called 'My First Concert,' launched last week.

Tow Boat

Tow boat collides with Mississippi River lock and dam in Alma, WI

The crash remains under investigation by the United States Coast Guard.

unsplash school bus

Police: Man in minivan approached kids, claimed he was former principal

Investigators say children were approached by a man in a white minivan who falsely claimed he'd been a local school principal.

covid

Minnesota's COVID-19 update for Monday, May 23

The latest from the state health department.

police tape, crime scene

Police: 2 people shot, 1 fatally over the weekend in La Crosse

Officers arrived to the scene and found one person suffering multiple gunshot wounds.

Bear killed after it attacked couple in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin couple fight, kill bear that broke into their home

The incident happened last week in north-central Wisconsin.

Image from iOS (2)

Urban Outfitters store in Uptown to close

A number of national chains have departed Uptown in recent years.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 6.41.22 AM

USS Minneapolis-St. Paul officially launched in Duluth ceremony

It's the first U.S. Navy ship to be commissioned in Minnesota.

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 9.56.21 AM

North High principal Mauri Friestleben returning to finish year

The principal said Friday she had been fired from her role over her support of a student protest.

ambulance

One dead, two injured in wrong-way crash on Hwy. 169

The crash occurred on Highway 169 early Sunday morning.

minneapolis police

Man fatally shot overnight in north Minneapolis

The shooting was reported around 2:20 a.m.

Related

Adrian Peterson: 'I feel myself improving'

The Vikings' Adrian Peterson says he's getting closer to where he wants to be since reconstructive knee surgery nine months ago. The running back tells the Pioneer Press he feels himself improving and his leg continues to get stronger. "Each day I'm getting closer to where I want to be; I'm just going to keep pushing at it," Peterson said.

Adrian Peterson sings after surgery

Watch and listen to Adrian Peterson's musical stylings following surgery on the torn meniscus in his right knee.

Adrian Peterson says his ankle is '85-percent' healthy, plans to play

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson says he plans to play Sunday against New Orleans. AP has practiced two straight days, saying he’s about 85 percent healthy after missing the last three games with a high ankle sprain.

No practice: Peterson rests sore ankle

Adrian Peterson says his sore left ankle is “hurting consistently,” but he still plans to play Sunday against Arizona. AP tweaked it against Tennessee two weeks ago. To help it heal, he didn’t practice yesterday or today.

Adrian Peterson given green light to play

Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson is on the active roster and expected to play in the home opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday afternoon, the Pioneer Press reports. It will be Peterson's first game since tearing two ligaments in his left knee more than eight months ago.

Adrian Peterson pushing to return against Broncos

The Vikings' Adrian Peterson says he doesn’t need to be 100 percent to get back in the lineup. Peterson missed last week’s game against Atlanta with a high ankle sprain. He said today that the soreness is “winding down.” Minnesota faces Denver Sunday.

Peterson: 'I'm just not there yet'

Adrian Peterson is about six months removed from ACL surgery, so it's understandable he's not moving like he used to move. "I know my body overall, and I know I'm just not there yet," Peterson said. "It's not terrible, but I'm not to where I know I need to be."

Peterson: 'I feel like I'm going to come back better'

Adrian Peterson addressed the media today for the first time since tearing his ACL and MCL in his left knee on Christmas Eve. It was the first time off crutches, but his knee was still in a heavy brace. Peterson says he feels like he is "going to come back better than before."