After 48 games the Wild are on top of the Western Conference with 69 points with a record of 32-11-5.
With the team being legitimate Stanley Cup contenders, here's how past team's that made the playoffs checked in after 48 games.
- 2015-16: 23-17-8, 54 points
- 2014-15: 22-20-6, 50 points
- 2013-14: 25-18-5, 55 points
- 2007-08: 27-18-3, 57 points
- 2006-07: 25-20-3, 53 points
- 2002-03: 24-16-7, 55 points
We left out the 2012-13 team because the season was shorten due to a lockout.
Even if the Wild don't hold the top spot in the conference by the end of the regular season, they're on track to at least host a playoff series in the first round of the playoffs.
Which is something the team has done just one time in its seven trips to the post season.