The Orpheum Theatre will be heading to a far away place, where the caravan camels roam for its upcoming season.
Aladdin will kick of the 2017-18 Broadway on Hennepin season at the downtown Minneapolis theater this fall, running Sept. 15-Oct. 8.
The Hennepin Theatre Trust announced its full season lineup Monday. There will be seven shows making their Minneapolis debuts, including Aladdin. Also coming are:
- Finding Neverland – Oct. 31-Nov. 5 (Minneapolis debut)
- Waitress – Nov. 21-26 (Minneapolis debut)
- The Phantom of the Opera – Dec. 13-31
- The Humans – Feb. 13-18, 2018 (Minneapolis debut)
- School of Rock – March 6-11, 2018 (Minneapolis debut)
- Something Rotten – April 3-8, 2018 (Minneapolis debut)
- Jersey Boys – April 24-29, 2018
- Chicago – June 5-10, 2018
- Love Never Dies – June 26-July 1, 2018 (Minneapolis debut)
Interested in tickets? Well they're only available for donors, groups, and people with season subscriptions at this point. When single tickets go on sale, the Hennepin Theatre Trust will announce it.
The season subscriptions are on sale now – they're available at the link above.
"We are excited to bring this incredible lineup of dynamic and captivating productions to Hennepin Avenue," Tom Hoch, President and CEO of Hennepin Theatre Trust, said in a news release.
Minneapolis is generally viewed as one of the top cities for theater in America. USA Today called it "the sleeping giant of the regional theater scene." Mic also gave the city props for its performers and "exciting cross-genre pollination."
The city says it has the second-most theater seats per capita of any city in the nation.