Skip to main content

Another beautiful day before rain, scattered storms move in

  • Author:
  • Updated:
    Original:

Sunday is expected to be another one of those "this is why we live here" days, before rain and scattered storms move through the state Sunday night into Monday.

Temperatures are expected to rise into the lower 80s for much of the state, KARE 11 says. An isolated shower or thunderstorm is possible in the late afternoon and evening. The majority of the wet weather is expected in the west and south of the state, especially the Moorhead area, the news station notes.

There will also be a hint more humidity in the air, compared to Saturday's near-perfect weather, KSTP reports. On Saturday, for the first time in 236 days, temperatures hit 80 degrees – the last 80-degree day was Sept. 30, 2013 in the Twin Cities.

The National Weather Service says there's a better chance of storms Monday and Tuesday. Temperatures are expected to be in the upper 70s and lower 80s for the remainder of the week. KARE 11 says Memorial Day shouldn't be a total "wash-out," but scattered storms are possible.

Here's a glimpse of the forecast around the state:

Twin Cities: Sunday: Mostly sunny, high near 81. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms mainly after midnight. Monday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 83. Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, high near 81. Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers, thunderstorms. High near 80. Thursday: Mostly sunny, high near 82. Friday: Mostly sunny, high near 82. Saturday: Mostly sunny, high near 81.

Brainerd: Sunday: A 10 percent chance of showers, mostly sunny with a high near 81. Monday: A 50 percent chance of showers, thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, high near 79. Tuesday: A 40 percent chance of showers, thunderstorms. High near 80. Wednesday: Mostly sunny, high near 78. Thursday: Slight chance of showers, thunderstorms. High near 81. Friday: Mostly sunny, high near 80. Saturday: Mostly sunny, high near 78.

Moorhead: Sunday: Scattered showers, thunderstorms after 4 p.m., high near 83. Monday: A 20 percent chance of showers, thunderstorms. High near 81. Tuesday: A 30 percent chance of showers, thunderstorms. High near 85. Wednesday: Mostly sunny, high near 82. Thursday: Sunny, high near 83. Friday: Chance of showers, high near 82. Saturday: Mostly cloudy, high near 76.

Mankato: Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers after 3 p.m., high near 82. Monday: A 50 percent chance of showers, storms, high near 84. Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, high near 83. Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers, high near 82. Thursday: Mostly sunny, high near 83. Friday: Mostly sunny, high near 83. Saturday: Mostly sunny, high near 82.

Next Up

Erin Maye Quade

DFLer who was in labor during endorsement convention to run in primary

Maye Quade gave a speech while in active labor before she ultimately withdrew from the endorsing convention last month to give birth.

valleyfair

Valleyfair opens this weekend, reveals full summer schedule of events

New fare includes walking tacos, hand-scooped ice cream and deep-fried pickles.

Gregory Ulrich

Jury selection begins in trial of Buffalo clinic shooter, Gregory Ulrich

The Buffalo health clinic shooter is accused of fatally shooting one person and injuring four others last year.

covid

Minnesota's COVID-19 update for Monday, May 16

The latest from the state health department.

ambulance

Tow truck workers struck by hit-and-run driver on I-35

The driver was in a black 2006 Lincoln MKZ.

Governor Tim Walz

Walz, DFL, GOP reach agreement on state surplus spending

The framework deal includes spending on education, health care, human services and public safety, as well as tax cuts.

Harriet Island flooding, St. Paul

St. Paul to close road in anticipation of Mississippi River flooding

River levels are expected to rise through the week.

Michael Davis

Former Mormon church leader convicted of sexually assaulting boy, 13

It emerged that the church leader was a registered sex offender.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 6.45.53 PM

Lost 1-year-old reunited with parents in Brooklyn Park

The girl was found by a concerned citizen around 7:30 p.m. Sunday.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 8.33.49 AM

For 2nd time, Minnesota farm devastated by deadly fire

Around 1,000 goats and a litter of puppies were killed when a barn caught fire on Friday.

ambulance

Fleeing suspect crashes, killing innocent driver in Brooklyn Park

The suspect fled police in Osseo and was going south on County Road 81.

1497 S Ferry St, Anoka, MN 55303, United States - August 2021

Body found tangled with debris in the Mississippi River

The individual's name has not yet been released.

Related