If you have any idea who might have poisoned dogs with antifreeze treats and rodent poison recently, there's now $6,000 in reward money up for grabs.
Last week the Hopkins Police Department said it was offering a $1,000 reward in the case, in which one dog died and another suffered permanent organ damage after eating dog food that later tested positive for antifreeze. That same owner later found a chunk of rat poison in his yard.
A neighbor who lives nearby in the western Twin Cities suburb also reported their dog got sick from suspected poison around the same time, and police think the cases are connected.
Now the Humane Society of the United States is stepping in, offering $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest and conviction of whomever is responsible.
Sgt. Michael Glassberg with Hopkins PD told GoMN Monday they haven't gotten any significant leads or tips at this point. They also haven't gotten any more reports of dogs being poisoned recently.
Glassberg did say a few people have come forward about possible poisonings from years ago – but that isn't something they can use in this investigation.
Anyone with information, Hopkins police are hoping to hear from you. Send an anonymous text using the Tip411 app or call 952-938-8885.
So what should you do if you think your dog has been poisoned?
Glassberg said step one, get to a vet.
"If the vet suspects poisoning, then let us know right away," Glassberg said, adding police will then want to look at medical records.
Meanwhile if you spot something in your yard you think is poisoned or tainted, do not touch it and call police.
"Let us decide if it's something," Glassberg said.
In 2014, the website Dogster tried to get to the bottom of why someone would intentionally poison an animal.