Authorities seize 18 pounds of meth in Anoka bust

Author:
Updated:
Original:

A search warrant executed at an Anoka home last week found more than 18 pounds of meth worth between $500,000 and $1 million.

ABC Newspapers reports 21-year-old Cesar Ruben Fletes-Ortiz faces two first-degree controlled substance charges.

The Anoka-Hennepin Drug Task Force and the Anoka Police Department SWAT team executed the warrant at 4058 7th Ave., believed to be the residence of Fletes-Ortiz, last Thursday afternoon.

According to the criminal complaint, authorities found "an extremely large amount" of meth in a basement gun safe. Two black garbage bags, each containing four containers of meth, totaled 8,308 grams or 18.54 pounds of the drug.

Three firearms, a ledger book, digital scale and $10,000 in cash were also found in the safe. At least one of the guns, a Glock .40-caliber handgun, was loaded with 13 bullets, the newspaper said.

Fletes-Ortiz is in custody at the Anoka County Jail on $2 million bail. His next court appearance is scheduled for Sept. 23.

If convicted, Fletes-Ortiz could serve a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison and $1 million in fines for each charge, KSTP reported.

This is the second meth bust in Anoka County this month. According to the Star Tribune, a search of a Blaine mobile home on Aug. 8 turned up more than three pounds of meth in what the sheriff's office called a "fairly significant seizure."

Next Up

Adam Thielen

Vikings place Adam Thielen on COVID-19/reserve list

Thielen is coming off a two-touchdown game against the Cowboys.

MCF Oak Park Heights

COVID-positive inmate at Oak Park Heights prison dies

He becomes the fourth prison inmate to die from the virus.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 1.08.19 PM

2-ton smoker stolen from Twin Cities chef Thomas Boemer

Boemer is the chef behind restaurants including the popular Revival.

Governor Tim Walz

Walz says relief package is coming for Minnesota small businesses

Walz is prepared to call a special session and pass the package immediately.

Governor Tim Walz

Watch live: Gov. Tim Walz COVID-19 press conference Monday

Walz will be introducing a new app that helps Minnesotans track COVID-19 exposures.

Related