Burned student recalls science experiment gone awry

A 15-year-old student at Maple Grove Junior High School was taking notes while his science teacher conducted an experiment. The next thing he knew, he was burning. Fox 9 says the class was learning about methanol, a flammable substance, when a container exploded.
Author:
Publish date:
Updated on

Science Class Explosion Victim: 'I Was on Fire': MyFoxTWINCITIES.com

Next Up

Related

Changes made after science-class accident

The Osseo School District is making changes to its teacher-led science demonstrations after four students were injured in a classroom accident at Maple Grove Junior High. In a 71-page report, the district says the methanol "flash bottle" demonstration will not be allowed pending further review. It also calls for a more stringent approval process for science demonstrations and a detailed list of approved demonstrations.

Teacher on leave after fire that hurt four students

A science teacher at Maple Grove Junior High has been placed on leave after an experiment went haywire and left four students with mild to severe burns. KARE 11 says the teacher will be on leave with pay until the district can wrap up its investigation.

Inver Grove Heights company recalls cantaloupe

Cut Fruit Express Inc. of Inver Grove Heights says it is voluntarily recalling fruit packages that contain cantaloupe that has been recalled by supplier DFI Marketing Inc., due to potential salmonella contamination, the Associated Press reports. The company says it is a precaution and no illnesses have been reported.