Cambridge-Isanti schools closed on Wedneday after possible threat

It's the latest in a string of threats against Minnesota schools since the Florida massacre.
Author:
Updated:
Original:

School is canceled in the Cambridge-Isanti district on Wednesday as a potential threat is investigated.

Cambridge-Isanti Schools said it had become aware of a "rumored, potential threat" and because it hadn't had the time to investigate, it's closing all schools as a precaution.

"We treat all reports of threats seriously and appreciate your understanding as we work to address this matter," a statement on the school's Facebook page said.

Cambridge-Isanti Schools serve over 5,000 students from Pre-K to 12 in Cambridge and Isanti, as well as the surrounding communities.

It's the latest threat sent to a Minnesota school since the massacre at the school in Parkland, Florida two weeks ago today.

Since then, threats have been sent to schools including Orono, Woodbury, Jackson County Central, Hill City and North Branch.

The North Branch High School threat saw a 17-year-old former student arrested on Tuesday, after he verbally made threats of a potential shooting at the school. 

A similar situation unfolded at Jackson County Central, with an arrest made there as well

There was also a lockdown at Patrick Henry High School in Minneapolis on Tuesday after a male with a gun ran into the building shortly after stepping off a city bus.

Students and staff were gradually evacuated as police searched the school, but he had left within minutes of entering the building, KSTP reports.

Next Up

Related