Campfire explosion injures 4 children in southern Minnesota - Bring Me The News

Campfire explosion injures 4 children in southern Minnesota

Four children were injured in a campfire explosion Friday night at the Money Creek Haven Campground in Houston. Authorities said the accident was caused by an adult who poured an accelerant on a smoldering campfire. A 4-year-old girl was airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, while the other three -- one by air -- were taken to a La Crosse, Wis., hospital.
Author:
Publish date:

Four children were injured in a campfire explosion Friday night at the Money Creek Haven Campground in Houston. Authorities said the accident was caused by an adult who poured an accelerant on a smoldering campfire. A 4-year-old girl was airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, while the other three -- one by air -- were taken to a La Crosse, Wis., hospital.

Next Up

Related

3 children among injured in Tracy house explosion

A house exploded in Tracy, about 150 miles southwest of the Twin Cities, on Saturday morning, injuring three girls and their mother. All four were hospitalized. The house was fully ablaze when firefighters arrived. Witnesses said the explosion blew the chimney off the roof and glass from the home's front windows shot all the way across the street, the Marshall Independent reports. The cause was not immediately known.

Hundreds raise $8K for young girls burned in SE Minn. campfire explosion

Residents from Houston and Money Creek township in southeastern Minnesota gave $8,000 at a fundraiser Saturday for two girls severely burned in a campfire explosion last month. Chloe Langen, 4, and Annabelle Heyer, 5, suffered burns over half their bodies June 29 after an adult poured accelarant on a campfire at Money Creek campground.

2 girls burned in SE Minnesota campfire explosion improving

Two young girls seriously burned in a campfire explosion at a campground near the southeastern Minnesota town of Houston last month are on the mend. Chloe Langen, 4, has been upgraded from critical to serious condition at Regions Hospital in St. Paul, and Annabelle Heyer, 4, is in fair condition at University Hospital's burn center in Madison, Wis.

5 teens injured in Wisc. fireworks explosion

Five teenagers from Sparta, Wisconsin were sent to the hospital with severe burns after a large firework exploded in their vehicle. Investigators say the group of 17-year-old boys were throwing lit fireworks from the car early Monday morning when one went off inside. All the boys were sent to nearby hospitals. Their conditions have not been released.

4 utility workers injured at Shakopee prison

Four people were sent to the hospital with unknown injuries after an electrical mishap at the women's Correctional Facility in Shakopee. Neighbors told KARE 11 they heard a loud explosion before the area lost power, including the prison. No prison staff or inmates were injured.

Gas leak, cigarette possibly caused house explosion

A neighbor rushed to the aid of a family whose house exploded in Tracy over the weekend, charging into the burning home to save a baby. The mother and three daughters who lived there were badly injured. Neighbors said the woman told them she had lit a cigarette prior to the blast.