Carbon monoxide leak sends 11 to the hospital

A carbon monoxide leak sent 11 New London residents to the hospital. Firefighters found several residents of the 16-unit apartment building unresponsive. Authorities believe a broken exhaust chimney on a hot water heater is to blame for the leak.
Author:
Updated:
Original:

A carbon monoxide leak sent 11 New London residents to the hospital. Firefighters found several residents of the 16-unit apartment building unresponsive. Authorities believe a broken exhaust chimney on a hot water heater is to blame for the leak.

Next Up

coronavirus

Nov. 30 COVID-19 update: Hospitalizations reach new high mark

There are fewer than 100 staffed ICU beds available in Minnesota.

TCF Bank Stadium

Saturday's Gophers-Northwestern game canceled

Minnesota is dealing with a COVID-19 outbreak in its football program.

frances mosley vandals

Minneapolis woman's home vandalized for a 7th time since March

The most recent incident happened on Thanksgiving.

Grand Cafe

Jamie Malone's Grand Cafe is closing, building owners say

Head chef Jamie Malone will continue operations at Eastside.

softball

High school softball coach accused of stealing booster funds

The 65-year-old is a coach at Lakeville South High School.

police lights

Suspect leads police on 26-mile pursuit in Meeker County

When the suspect stopped, he tried to get out of his car with a shotgun in hand.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 7.41.02 AM

Human remains found at Albert Lea building where 3 people where shot

Authorities say the human remains are not related to the shooting.

DirecTV

DirecTV subscribers could lose KARE 11 on Tuesday

A new contract needs to be agreed upon by 6 p.m. Tuesday.

prison, Rush City cell block

Inmate from Rush City prison dies after COVID-19 diagnosis

The man is the fifth incarcerated person in Minnesota to die from COVID-19.

ambulance

Belle Plaine man dies after duck boat capsizes on lake

One man was found sitting on the overturned boat while another man was in the water.

Related

Chlorine leak prompts hazmat precaution in Mahtomedi

Firefighters asked Mahtomedi residents to stay indoors following a chlorine leak Friday. The chlorine leak happened at a water pumping station. There were no injuries.

Tornado-damaged chimneys add risk for north Minneapolis residents

Minneapolis officials are warning north Minneapolis residents to be especially vigilant for chimney damage after last spring's tornado. Inspectors already found more than 200 damaged or blocked chimneys in the months since the storm. Officials say chimneys that don't vet properly can trap poisonous carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide poisoning killed 2 people found in Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot

An autopsy found carbon monoxide poisoning was the main cause.