Chlorine leak prompts hazmat precaution in Mahtomedi - Bring Me The News

Chlorine leak prompts hazmat precaution in Mahtomedi

Firefighters asked Mahtomedi residents to stay indoors following a chlorine leak Friday. The chlorine leak happened at a water pumping station. There were no injuries.
Author:
Publish date:

Firefighters asked Mahtomedi residents to stay indoors following a chlorine leak Friday. The chlorine leak happened at a water pumping station. There were no injuries.

Next Up

Related

Carbon monoxide leak sends 11 to the hospital

A carbon monoxide leak sent 11 New London residents to the hospital. Firefighters found several residents of the 16-unit apartment building unresponsive. Authorities believe a broken exhaust chimney on a hot water heater is to blame for the leak.

Natural gas leak prompts partial Stillwater prison evacuation

No injuries were reported after a natural gas leak was capped by an Xcel Energy crew inside Stillwater state prison Friday morning. The Department of Corrections said that contractors severed a gas line at about 8:30 a.m., and prisoners working in shops in nearby buildings were sent back to their cells, but not locked down.

Prairie Island plant official maintains radioactive water leaks pose 'no risk'

Water leaks containing radioactive tritium and other chemicals from the Prairie Island Nuclear Power Plant pose 'no risk' according to a plant spokesman. The Red Wing Republican Eagle reports some 4,000 gallons of contaminated water have leaked from the facility since November. Officials say they reported the leaks to state and federal officials.

Gas leak, cigarette possibly caused house explosion

A neighbor rushed to the aid of a family whose house exploded in Tracy over the weekend, charging into the burning home to save a baby. The mother and three daughters who lived there were badly injured. Neighbors said the woman told them she had lit a cigarette prior to the blast.