Minneapolis fire officials found the man unconscious and say he died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Two firefighters were also hurt after falling through the main floor and into the basement while searching the residence.
Man dies in Minneapolis house fire trying to save his roommates
KARE 11 reports the 25-year-old was the first to discover the blaze and was waking others up early Wednesday morning. Firefighters found him unresponsive on the second floor. A woman was rescued from the third floor and two other residents made it out safely on their own.