Deadly fire set by homeless man trying to stay warm

Minneapolis fire officials found the man unconscious and say he died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Two firefighters were also hurt after falling through the main floor and into the basement while searching the residence.
Author:
Publish date:

Minneapolis fire officials found the man unconscious and say he died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Two firefighters were also hurt after falling through the main floor and into the basement while searching the residence.

Next Up

Related

Man dies in Minneapolis house fire trying to save his roommates

KARE 11 reports the 25-year-old was the first to discover the blaze and was waking others up early Wednesday morning. Firefighters found him unresponsive on the second floor. A woman was rescued from the third floor and two other residents made it out safely on their own.

Man found dead in north Minneapolis house fire

A man was found dead inside a burning home in north Minneapolis Friday night. Around 8 p.m., firefighters were called to the home on 3838 Humboldt Ave. N. for a report of fire and discovered the body. It's unclear how the man died.

Nearly three dozen homeless after Minneapolis apartment fire

All 32 residents at the Saint George apartment building made it out safely, but it took more than 40 firefighters to battle the early Friday morning blaze. The cause of the fire is still under investigation. WCCO reports investigators are looking into the 93-year-old building's electrical wiring.