Despite tentative deal, SPCO cancels 2 more weeks of concerts - Bring Me The News

Despite tentative deal, SPCO cancels 2 more weeks of concerts

Author:
Updated:
Original:

Despite a tentative labor agreement reached by St. Paul Chamber Orchestra musicians and managers, two more weeks of concerts have been canceled, so there will be no performances at least through May 5, MPR reports.

Interim SPCO President Dobson West said last week's tentative local agreement depends partly on reaching an agreement with the national American Federation of Musicians on broadcast and Internet rights.

Musicians and managers forged a tentative deal last week after a six-month lockout.

As part of the deal, annual musician pay would be slashed $15,000 and the orchestra would be cut in size by six players, to 28.

Managers during the dispute had said budget-cutting was needed to erase a $895,080 deficit for the fiscal year that ended June 30, the Pioneer Press noted.

Next Up

Related