The millions of Echo devices, TVs and books Amazon says it sold this holiday season weren't enough to satisfy the online giant. Amazon has one more big deal day coming before the end of the year.
Digital Day is Friday, Dec. 29. Amazon is promising steep discounts (as much as 80 percent) on more than 5,000 products, all of them digital: movies, TV shows, video games, apps, ebooks and more.
Some of the highlights they're revealing early:
- 60 percent off Wonder Woman on Amazon Video
- $10 Amazon credit if you subscribe to HBO Now
- Up to 75 percent off best-selling Kindle ebooks such as The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye
- 33 percent off some games, including Civilization VI and NBA 2K18
- Up to 80 percent off some Marvel graphic novels, including Civil War II and Star Wars
Otherwise, you'll have to keep an eye on the Digital Day page to see all the deals. The biggest savings kick off at 11 p.m. central time Thursday night.
And one nice side benefit: All-digital means no extra stuff to fit in your home or apartment.
It's smart timing for Amazon
This is the second year Amazon is doing Digital Day – and it is cleverly timed.
A lot of people after the big holidays (Hanukkah and Christmas, for example) find themselves with gift cards, new tech devices, or just extra cash.
Naturally, you want to use these new gifts – maybe buy that book you've been wanting for your new Kindle Paperwhite, or catch up on some of the blockbuster movies you didn't get to this year.
If you're lucky enough to have time off, that means even more opportunities to interact with services and products.
Amazon holding Digital Day during this period is a way of trying to capitalize on the moment.