There's a lot of money being offered for information about who's responsible for the bombing of a Minnesota mosque earlier this month.
Two Muslim advocacy groups – the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations and the Muslim American Society of Minnesota – each offered $10,000 rewards after the Aug. 5 blast at the Dar Al-Farooq Youth and Family Center, an Islamic mosque in Bloomington.
Now the FBI is offering its own reward – $30,000 for "information leading to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the subject(s) responsible for the explosion," the agency announced in a tweet Wednesday.
The tweet noted the reward is separate and unrelated to any other rewards already on the table.
The investigation is the "top priority" for the bureau's Minneapolis division, the tweet says. There are dozens of agents, analysts, and support personnel working on the case.
The FBI also thanked the public for their "cooperation and critical information" so far. Investigators hope that offering the reward will encourage more people to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI and follow the prompts. All calls will be confidential.
What we know
On Saturday, Aug. 5, a homemade bomb was tossed through a window at the mosque at 5:05 a.m., as about a dozen people gathered for predawn prayers.
The Muslim American Society of Minnesota's executive Director Asad Zaman told WCCO one of the worshippers saw a truck speeding away from the scene after the blast.
Zaman said in a Reuters video posted by the Washington Post that Dar Al-Farooq has received a lot of hate messages.
Mohamed Omar, the executive director at Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center, told The Associated Press there were no security cameras outside the mosque, and there have been no claims of responsibility for the attack.