Federal judge in Minneapolis convinced Oswald acted alone in JFK assassination

Author:
Publish date:
Social count:
0

As the nation commemorates the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, a federal judge in Minneapolis is giving his take on whether he thought Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, WCCO reports.

According to the station, Judge Jack Tunheim was appointed by President Bill Clinton in 1993 to head the assassination records review board. He says the board's job was to comb through CIA and FBI files, and declassify virtually everything they found.

In all he says, 5 million pages were made public and are available to read at the National Archives.

"It's my view that the hard evidence, the provable evidence, the evidence that would be admissible in court, all points to Oswald and Oswald acting alone," Tunheim told WCCO. "I didn't see any hard evidence that Oswald acted with anyone else."

Despite his conclusion, Tunheim remains open to anyone who believes the assassination was a conspiracy, Minn Post says.

"I wouldn't dismiss any theory," Tunheim told the publication this week.

One conspiracy theorist making the media rounds today is former Gov. Jesse Ventura, who talked with Chad Hartman on WCCO Radio Friday about his new book on the assassination.

Ventura appeared at the Mall of America last month to promote "They Killed Our President: 63 Reasons to Believe There Was a Conspiracy to Assassinate JFK." Friday night he'll be signing the book in St. Cloud.

[preserve][/preserve]

Related

Next Up