So you don't have tickets to the Twins or Tom Petty this weekend. Now what?
Twin Cities Pride Festival headlines a weekend of festivals in the metro area.
Among the other celebrations:
- Kenny Werner, Cyrus Chestnut and Matt Slocum are among the artists expected at the 15th annual Twin Cities Jazz Festival, at various venues, with a center stage in Mears Park in downtown St. Paul.
- Thousands are expected on Lake Street in Minneapolis on Sunday for the Somali Independence Day festival, where revelers will also celebrate the United States, where many refugees have sought a new life, the Associated Press reports. The event runs from 1 to 9 p.m. between Blaisdell and Pleasant avenues.
- About 30 food trucks, plus beer and bands, are expected at the second annual Minnesota FoodTruck Fair from 3-8 p.m. Sunday, in Uptown in Minneapolis.
- South St. Paul hosts Kaposia Days Friday though Sunday, with a focus on family fun.
- And pet owners are encouraged to bring their pooches to the annual Pet-A-Palooza event 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.