A bar in southeastern Minnesota was destroyed an overnight fire.
The Fillmore County Sheriff's Office said it was called to Johnny Ringo's Bar & Grill at 112 South Broadway in Spring Valley just before 3 a.m.
They arrived to find the building fully alight, with apartment dwellers in adjacent properties evacuated as fire crews fought the blaze.
The sun had risen before the fire was eventually extinguished, with the building considered a "total loss," the sheriff's office said.
One of those adjacent buildings is home to the Spring Valley Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), which said in a Facebook post it expects that its meeting rooms will have sustained extensive smoke damage.
Ray Jacobson, the owner of the sports bar for the past 10 years, told the Rochester Post Bulletin he was awoken at 4:30 a.m. with the news, adding he's been in shock since.
"Everything I've got is in there," he told the newspaper. "I've got to get inside and see what I can save. What a mess."