Rochester firefighters called in the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources to corral pet snakes found inside an apartment building Monday afternoon.
The Rochester PostBulletin reports smoke was coming from a second-story apartment when the fire department arrived at Summit Square Apartments around 2 p.m.
In the back bedroom, firefighters found a small fire smoldering in a bedroom and three 3-foot ball pythons.
Fire officials say a heating element caused plastic bins where the snakes were kept to catch fire.
The DNR was able to capture two of the snakes, one did not survive.