For the second straight day, threats disrupt a Minneapolis high school

Author:
Updated:
Original:

One day after a bomb threat shut down Southwest High School in Minneapolis, the city's Washburn High School is following lockdown procedures after a "non-credible threat" was made.

On its website, the school says the threat was intended for Thursday, but police conducted a walk-through Wednesday night and did not find any unsafe materials.

"In working with police, we determined that the threat to Washburn High School was not credible and that school would operate on a regular schedule today," the announcement reads.

While students will go to and from class as normal, a code yellow lockdown will be in effect – meaning outer doors to the school are locked, visitors must show an ID when entering, and students must remain in class during each period.

The announcement does not say what type of threat was made.

On Wednesday, a bomb threat – which the school called "credible" – prompted Southwest to cancel classes. Like at Washburn, police conducted a walk-through and found no unsafe materials.

Classes were proceeding as normal Thursday.

Next Up

covid-19, coronavirus

CDC says COVID-19 quarantine period can be cut to 10 or 7 days

You can come out of a 7-day quarantine following exposure provided you've had a negative test.

maple grove fire

1 person found dead inside Maple Grove business that burned down

A person had been unaccounted following the fire that destroyed Hanson Implement and Storage Tuesday night.

One-dollar bill, cash, money

Appeals court rules MN high school students can get unemployment benefits

They've been denied the benefits, and some were even asked to pay them back.

covid-19, coronavirus

Dec. 2 COVID-19 update: 77 more deaths in Minnesota

The death toll is closing in on 3,700 in Minnesota.

City Pages

Fan creates City Pages archive, Star Tribune tells him to remove it

After word spread that the defunct newspaper's website would go down, a fan created his own copy. Then he got a cease and desist letter.

Adam Thielen

Vikings activate Adam Thielen off COVID-19/reserve list

The star receiver missed last week's victory over Carolina.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.27.14 AM

Naked man shot by St. Paul cop is charged for sexual assault of ex-girlfriend

The 31-year-old suspect remains at Regions Hospital after being shot.

Lindsay Whalen

Whalen's Gophers start season with only 7 players available

Whalen isn't happy that a transfer wasn't granted immediate eligibility to play.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.21.08 AM

Baby steals the show in Minnesota family's viral TikTok video

Definitely busting out that wobbly baby move at the next party...

George Floyd protest

Activist groups release 'The People's Budget,' call for $53M Minneapolis police cuts

The People's Budget, spearheaded by Black Visions Collective and Reclaim the Block, would cut more than $53 million from MPD's budget.

Related