Updated:
Original:

Here's what the weather will be like 4th of July weekend

It's a great weekend to get out and celebrate.

It's going to be a beautiful, long weekend heading into Independence Day.

According to the National Weather Service, Minnesotans might get some rain showers here and there. No big storms or anything, though. Other than that, it's going to be warm and sunny.

Here’s a look at the forecast for different parts of the state, according to the National Weather Service’s website (you can check the latest forecast for where you’ll be here):

Twin Cities

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78 degrees and a breeze.

Sunday: Sunny again, with a high near 79.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Some clouds will move in that evening.

Fourth of July:Partly sunny, with a high near 82 degrees. There's a 20 percent chance of rain showers after 8 a.m. and again in the evening.

Brainerd Lakes Area

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. There's a 30 percent chance of rain – mostly between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 76 degrees.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Fourth of July:Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.

Duluth area

Saturday: Cloudy, with a nigh near 75. There's a 40 percent chance of rain showers after 4 p.m., and a 60 percent chance later in the evening.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. A 10 percent chance of showers before 7 a.m.

Monday: Mostly sunny again, with a high near 73.

Fourth of July: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.

Moorhead area

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79 degrees. There's a 20 percent chance of rain with isolated showers in the afternoon.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 77.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.

Fourth of July: Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.

Rochester area

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 77.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.

Fourth of July: Partly sunny, with a high near 80. There's a 40 percent chance of rain, though. Then in the evening, possibly more rain and thunderstorms before 1 a.m.

Marshall area

Saturday: Showers before noon and a high near 69 degrees. The chance of precipitation is 80 percent.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Partly cloudy in the evening.

Fourth of July: Partly sunny, with a high near 82 degrees. There's a 20 percent chance of rain showers after 1 p.m. and again in the evening.

Next Up

Ambulance hospital emergency

Driver killed after crashing into parked semi-trailer

The crash occurred on the 5800 block of University Avenue Northeast.

Mike Zimmer

Vikings-Panthers: 5 things you can count on happening

The Vikings will look to open things up in Carolina.

Tanner Morgan/Gopher Football

Morgan's resurgence, Nebraska's miscues help Gophers hold on

The Gophers quarterback threw a pair of touchdowns in a 30-23 victory.

Tina Smith

Sen. Tina Smith warns Dems she may not vote for budget bill if climate plan dropped

This comes amid a White House effort to get its "Build Back Better" plan passed.

Pixabay - emergency room ambulance hospital

St. Paul man dies six days after crash on I-94

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner has identified the man as David Rodney Hardaway.

police lights squad car dark - Unsplash

Double murder in northeastern Minnesota, suspect kills himself after chase

The suspect died at the scene from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

chaska school fight

Anti-masker involved in school board meeting fight charged with assault

It happened last month at an Eastern Carver County Schools hearing.

Marcus Foligno

Marcus Foligno throws hands, scores game-winning goal in Wild's opener

The Wild forward scored with 7.2 seconds left to beat Anaheim.

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 10.01.55 PM

Large police presence at Emagine Willow Creek movie theater in Plymouth

There are few details at this stage as to what has happened.

Maple Grove Police Department

Maple Grove-based businessman convicted of fatally shooting wife

Wiseman owns properties in both Minnesota, Nevada and China.

betty and earls biscuits facebook

Jason Matheson's biscuit shop to briefly close ahead of relaunch

Betty & Earl's will shut down for two weeks before reopening under a new name.

Related

Planning a trip to the State Fair? Here's what the weather will be like

Rain is in the forecast – here's when to expect it.

sparkler-839806_1280

Here's what's open and closed 4th of July weekend 2020

The Fourth will be federally observed Friday since it falls on a Saturday

Here's your Memorial Day Weekend forecast

Rain is in the forecast, but no day is expected to be a washout.

storm, severe weather

Severe weather Thursday: Here's what the NWS is saying

If storms can get going during daylight hours, they might be nasty.