One way that companies choose to honor members of our military is by offering a bounty of discounts and freebies every Veterans Day.
Among the deals this year: Buffalo Wild Wings announced it'll be bringing back the "Wings for Heroes" promotion on Friday. Veterans and active duty military can head to any BWW in the country to receive a free small order of traditional or boneless wings and a side of fries.
BWW, which is headquartered in Minneapolis, said this year the promotion will be available all day long. Find a BWW restaurant near you here.
More free meals for veterans
If the line's too long at BWW, plenty of other restaurants will be offering freebies and discounts for vets.
Typically, you have to show proof of service (like a military ID) or show up in uniform to receive the special offer, and there may be restrictions on what you can get, or what time you have to be there.
Some restaurants offering free meals include:
- Perkins: Free "Magnificent Seven" breakfast meal
- Chipotle: Buy one get one free burrito/bowl/tacos (Military spouses included.)
- Red Lobster: Free appetizer or dessert on both Nov. 10 and 11
- Hooters: Free entree – choice of wings, burger, salad, or chicken sandwich
- Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse: 50 percent off the meal, plus 10 percent off for up to three guests
- IHOP: Free red, white, and blue pancakes
- Applebee's: Free meal – choice of seven signature items
- Panera Bread: Free breakfast sandwich
- Red Robin: Free burger and bottomless fries
- Famous Dave's: Free two meat combo
- Denny's: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes
- Dairy Queen: Select locations are offering a free blizzard, like this one in Bloomington – but it's not a company-wide thing, so not all locations are participating.
You can find even more free meals for vets here.
Free poker, comedy club tickets, and even oil changes
After enjoying your meal, take advantage of some of these other offers:
If you're looking for entertainment, Canterbury Park has a free poker tournament on Nov. 10, the day before Veterans Day.
House of Comedy in the Mall of America is offering up to four free tickets from Nov. 9-13.
Great Clips is giving free haircuts (or a haircut card to be used later) to veterans. Even if you're not military, you can go pick up a free haircut card to give to a veteran.
And Amazon is having a Veterans Day sale – take 20 percent off select apparel.