Investigators are making one final request for anyone with information about the shooting death of Jamar Clark to come forward.
Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said Thursday the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) has done a "very extensive and thorough investigation," but now the lead agencies are "making one last request for people to come forward with evidence."
The BCA finished its investigation into the police-involved shooting last month and handed it over to the Hennepin County Attorney's Office for review, which then asked the BCA to look further into the November shooting.
Now officials are hoping anyone witnessed the shooting who hasn't talked to investigations, or who may have additional video or information regarding Clark's death, will contact the BCA at 651-793-7000.
The request for information comes a few days after Clark's family wrote a letter to Freeman, Gov. Mark Dayton and Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau, requesting an open trial and no grand jury to bring justice for their son. The letter was then published in the Star Tribune on Tuesday.
Freeman said last month he would like to have a decision by the end of March on whether charges will be brought against the officers involved in the shooting.