Today (Friday), more than 950 retailers are offering free shipping on all online orders, which should arrive in time for Christmas.
Why is it a big deal?
Most retailers generally don't offer free shipping on online orders, or require a minimum purchase price to get it.
That let's Amazon steal the headlines year-round for its "free" two-day shipping for Prime members (who pay $99 a year to be members ... so not really "free").
There are a handful of retailers – such as Target and Best Buy – offering free shipping with no minimum purchase throughout the holiday season. But that's rare. "Free Shipping Day" is a chance for other retailers to shine as well.
And shipping can add several dollars to your purchase, it's a good opportunity to save some money.
Who's taking part?
You can find a comprehensive list of retailers at FreeShippingDay.com, with several prominent names running big sales alongside the free shipping offer.
Some of the notable retailers include:
– Old Navy (which is also running discounts of up to 60 percent on its entire site today, plus 25 percent off your entire order).
– Toys 'R' Us
– Gap (also offering up to 50 percent discounts plus 20 percent off entire order)
– Foot Locker
– Banana Republic
– Express (also running a 50 percent off everything sale)
– American Eagle Outfitters (running a 40-60 percent off its Holiday Collection sale)
– Famous Footwear (plus 15 percent off your order)
– Nautica (also 40 percent off sitewide)
– Land's End (plus 40 percent off your order)