Atlanta gets that much closer to the East Coast in this cut from the Baby Driver soundtrack.
Remember the glory days when every movie arrived with a music video that cut up pieces from the film into some band's performance to make it seem like Sarah Michelle Gellar was at a Dishwalla concert or something? Danger Mouse, Run the Jewels and Big Boi are hearkening back to those days with many more high-speed chases for "Chase Me."
From the soundtrack to the new film Baby Driver (which is apparently NOT the sequel to The Boss Baby) producer Danger Mouse stated his pulsating production needed to match the Atlanta action, so he enlisted Mike, El-P and Big Boi for a trilogy of testosterone terror.
Given that this track arrives not too long after Big Boi's Boomiverse and Run the Jewel's RTJ3, it's hard to imagine how challenging something like this must have been to schedule. The Baby Driver soundtrack is out today, with the film arriving in theaters June 28.
- Speaking of Mike, we at Go 95.3 would like to offer our condolences on the recent passing of his Mother. Mike's touching words can be foundhere.
- 2 Chainz has a new chess-themed video "Trap Check."
- Year of the Migos continues with the new Zaytoven-produced track "Do You Love Me?"
- Hip-hop pioneers Eric B. and Rakim are reunitingfor their classic album Paid in Full's 30th anniversary.
- New Music Friday brings us the aforementioned Baby Driver soundtrack as well as brand new albums from DJ Khaled and Vince Staples, featuring songs he'll be performing at our #BFGS on July 30.
Like reading the List? You can hear it too. Listen to Go 95.3 every weekday at 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.