Vince Staples brought his festival-sized light show to network television with the help of some friends.
The hip-hop game might as well be called the Staples Center right now. The Long Beach rapper has been everywhere promoting his new album, Big Fish Theory. Monday night he appeared on a bearded Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show along with Kilo Kish, Ray J, The Roots and the projected disembodied head of Damon Albarn to perform "Love Can Be."
Staples' quiet charisma behind a mic stand makes for great contrast with the elaborate light show and electric images shining behind him. While usually used for outdoor crowds of thousands, "Love Can Be" translated exceptionally well over broadcast airwaves.
But don't just settle for seeing it on the small screen - catch Vince Staples live in all his majesty at our #BFGS on July 30 with Wiz Khalifa, Blackbear, Bobby Raps, Mac Irv, Finding Noyvon and more!
- Desiigner has come for another summer with his new Gucci Mane assisted track "Liife."
- Kyle invites you to spy his new video "Nothing 2 Lose."
- Speaking of XXL Freshmen, MadeIntyo's XXL Freshman Freestyle is here.
- Chance the Rapper may be walking into his first ever hip-hop beef...with Hostess Coffee Cakes.
- Ahead of his final album dropping this Friday, Z-Ro is teasing us with his new single "He's Not Done."
Like reading the List? You can hear it too. Listen to Go 95.3 every weekday at 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.