Man found dead in north Minneapolis house fire - Bring Me The News

Man found dead in north Minneapolis house fire

A man was found dead inside a burning home in north Minneapolis Friday night. Around 8 p.m., firefighters were called to the home on 3838 Humboldt Ave. N. for a report of fire and discovered the body. It's unclear how the man died.
Author:
Publish date:

A man was found dead inside a burning home in north Minneapolis Friday night, WCCO reports.

Around 8 p.m., firefighters were called to the home on 3838 Humboldt Ave. N. for a report of fire and discovered the body.

It's unclear how the man died. The Star Tribune says homicide detectives are investigating the case.

In Bemidji, an elderly woman was found dead in a house fire early Friday morning. The Beltrami County Sheriff's office tells the Bemidji Pioneer that foul play in not suspected.

Next Up

Related

Man dies in Minneapolis house fire trying to save his roommates

KARE 11 reports the 25-year-old was the first to discover the blaze and was waking others up early Wednesday morning. Firefighters found him unresponsive on the second floor. A woman was rescued from the third floor and two other residents made it out safely on their own.

Deadly fire set by homeless man trying to stay warm

Minneapolis fire officials found the man unconscious and say he died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Two firefighters were also hurt after falling through the main floor and into the basement while searching the residence.