Man in shower survives house explosion - Bring Me The News

Man in shower survives house explosion

Peter Hansen, 67, had just mowed his lawn and ducked inside his Vergas home to take a shower, which might have been the safest place for him given what happened next. Hansen made a remarkable escape after an explosion brought his burning home crumbling down around him.
Author:
Publish date:

Peter Hansen, 67, had just mowed his lawn and ducked inside his Vergas home to take a shower, which might have been the safest place for him given what happened next. Hansen made a remarkable escape after an explosion brought his burning home crumbling down around him.

Next Up

Related

Gas leak, cigarette possibly caused house explosion

A neighbor rushed to the aid of a family whose house exploded in Tracy over the weekend, charging into the burning home to save a baby. The mother and three daughters who lived there were badly injured. Neighbors said the woman told them she had lit a cigarette prior to the blast.

St. Paul music student hopes ND 'shower trucks' will pay off

On a recent trip to the North Dakota oil boomtown of Williston, 18-year-old Evan Jensen noticed that something smelled kind of funny: the workers. The huge rush of people to the region to work on the oil boom has created a shortage of many things, including the ability to take a shower. So, the enterprising young musician came up with a clever idea that he hopes will cover the bills this fall at McNally Smith College of Music in St. Paul. CNN puts him in the spotlight.

Hog farm employee accused of videotaping women in shower

A female employee at a Nicollet County hog farm south of the Twin Cities found a hidden video camera recording in a shower facility, where women are often required to shower to lessen the spread of germs and disease, the Mankato Free Press reports. A total of four recordings with three women, one a topless teen, were discovered. A 53-year-old male employee from New Ulm faces felony charges.

3 children among injured in Tracy house explosion

A house exploded in Tracy, about 150 miles southwest of the Twin Cities, on Saturday morning, injuring three girls and their mother. All four were hospitalized. The house was fully ablaze when firefighters arrived. Witnesses said the explosion blew the chimney off the roof and glass from the home's front windows shot all the way across the street, the Marshall Independent reports. The cause was not immediately known.

Meteor shower will light up sky in early morning

An impressive meteor shower called the Quadrantids is set to hit the northern atmosphere from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday. You might see up to a meteor a minute if you're far enough from city lights and hardy enough to get up at that hour.

House explodes in Tonka Bay

Firefighters rushed to the scene of a home explosion and fire in the west metro Monday afternoon. The incident happened around 4 p.m. The Star Tribune reports that the family who lived in the home was on vacation at the time of the fire. The home is a total loss. There are no reports of any injuries.

Minnesota man, girlfriend survive 9 days in New Zealand bush

Alec Brown, of Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, and his girlfriend Erica Klintworth are safe after being trapped in the New Zealand wilderness by a snowstorm. The Associated Press reports the two students, on a foreign study program in New Zealand with University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, planned to hike and camp when heavy rains and a snowstorm prevented the couple from being able to cross a river and return. Their nine-day ordeal finally ended Monday when Alec and Erica, both 21, met up with members of a search team Monday.