Maple Grove hunter dies after catching fire - Bring Me The News

Maple Grove hunter dies after catching fire

The 84-year-old's clothing caught fire after trying to light a propane heater in his deer stand. Arthur Joseph Knafla fell from the stand in rural St. Louis County after his clothes began burning.
Author:
Publish date:

The 84-year-old's clothing caught fire after trying to light a propane heater in his deer stand. Arthur Joseph Knafla fell from the stand in rural St. Louis County after his clothes began burning.

Next Up

Related

Hunter gets two deer in one shot

Bob Schuder, hunting north of Grand Rapids, had gotten down from his stand and was inspecting a deer he shot when he realized things didn't quite look right.

Teacher on leave after fire that hurt four students

A science teacher at Maple Grove Junior High has been placed on leave after an experiment went haywire and left four students with mild to severe burns. KARE 11 says the teacher will be on leave with pay until the district can wrap up its investigation.