Maple Grove High School officials say they cannot answer questions that are swirling around the school that recent suspensions of half the hockey team had to do with a sex tape, the Star Tribune reports.
At a news conference Thursday, school officials yet again declined to say what led to the suspension of 13 players last week, the newspaper reported. Reporters asked Principal Sara Vernig about a sex video being related to the incident, but she responded, "I can't answer that. It's part of the investigation."
Hockey coach Gary Stefano said a video rumored to be called "The Show" had been "brought up." But school officials stopped him from answering further, citing privacy laws, the Star Tribune says.
School officials have only said that an incident at a private home in December led to some of the players being suspended for two games and some for four games.
Wendy Loberg, who oversees athletics for the school district, said discussion of the incident had been occurring on Twitter and Facebook, the Star Tribune reported.
School officials are eager to move forward and they say that they are meeting with coaches in the next two weeks. They plan to reinforce the school's code of honor, KARE 11 reported. They also plan to collect anonymous surveys from students, the station said.
Maple Grove Patch has more on the school's action plan.