Minnesota State Fair officials are looking for an act to replace Meghan Trainor, who has canceled her Sept. 1 appearance because she needs surgery to treat a vocal cord hemorrhage, the fair announced Tuesday.
The "All About That Bass" singer took to Instagram to announce that she has canceled the remainder of her tour after getting her second vocal cord hemorrhage of the summer.
She first postponed shows on her MTrain tour in early July when she suffered the first hemorrhage, Billboard notes.
The fair says tickets for her Grandstand concert have been suspended and refunds will be issued from the point of purchase. Tickets bought with a credit card will be automatically refunded, while tickets purchased by cash or check will be returned by mail.
If ticket holders have any questions, they're asked to call the fair at 651-288-4427.
The Great Minnesota Get-Together runs from Aug. 27 through Labor Day, Sept. 7. Here’s a look at the Grandstand schedule that’s been announced for the 12-day fair:
- Aug. 27: Def Leppard (sold out)
- Aug. 28: Keith Urban (sold out)
- Aug. 29: Carrie Underwood (sold out)
- Aug. 30: Alan Jackson (tickets $40 – on sale now)
- Aug. 31: Happy Together Tour with The Turtles and other oldies acts (tickets $21 – on sale now)
- Sept. 2: Patti LaBelle (tickets $45 – on sale now)
- Sept. 3: Lynyrd Skynyrd (tickets $42 – on sale now)
- Sept. 4: Garrison Keillor (tickets $32 and $25 – on sale now)
- Sept. 5: The Avett Brothers (tickets $35 and $45 – on sale now)
- Sept. 6: Minnesota State Fair Amateur Talent Contest (no tickets required)
- Sept. 7: Merele Haggard and Kris Kristofferson (tickets $35 – on sale now)