The Great Minnesota Get-Together is honoring Prince with music, a laser show and lots of purple.
The Minnesota State Fair on Monday announced the "Unite in Purple" tribute events, which is scheduled for Friday Aug. 26, from 5 p.m. to close.
Events will include:
- Prince music, tributes and cover songs at stages throughout the fairgrounds.
- Prince's personal DJ – GenerationNOW's DJ Dudley D – will host a Prince Party in the Park with music and dancing at Carousel Park.
- Fair buildings and carnival rides will be lit in purple.
- Lasertainment's Laser Hitz show will feature a Prince finale at 9:15 p.m.
- The first 5,000 people to walk through the State Fair gates after 5 p.m. Aug. 26 will get United in Purple glow bracelets. The first 7,500 people will get "United in Purple" buttons.
The night will end with Minnesota State Fair Fireworks Spectacular, set to Prince music and will include a "special pyrotechnic Prince tribute."
The fair begins Aug. 25 and runs through Labor Day, Sept. 5.