Drivers knew this was just around the bend. It's construction season again.
On Wednesday, the Minnesota Department of Transportation outlined an ambitious 2013 construction plan that includes more than 300 highway, bridge and other projects around the state, including 87 in the Twin Cities.
The projects "will increase regional connections throughout the state, as well as support jobs and community-building that make Minnesota a great place to live and do business,” MnDOT Commissioner Charlie Zelle said in a press release.
Here's a Twin Cities project map.
And here's a map for projects outside the metro.
Transportation officials say these are the highlights for the Twin Cities:
– Interstate 694/Highway 10 interchange reconstruction in Arden Hills
– Highway 36 interchange at English Street construction in Maplewood
– I-35/I-35E pavement, bridge and guardrail construction from Elko to Eagan
Projects around the state include:
– I-94 resurfacing between Clearwater and St. Cloud
– Highway 78 resurfacing from Battle Lake to Perham, including reconstructing Lake Street in downtown Battle Lake to install accessible pedestrian ramps (“Complete Streets”)
– Highway 60 four-lane reconstruction with roundabouts in Worthington