A Minneapolis man is charged with making death threats on Twitter against the law enforcement officials handling a Minnesota terrorism case, the Star Tribune reports.
Mahamed Akubar Said faces two counts of threatening to assault and murder a federal law enforcement officer, the newspaper says.
MPR News reports Said, 19, is also accused of tweeting a photo of the informant who helped the FBI build a case against the six Minneapolis men charged this week with plotting to join a terrorist group.
At a court hearing for four of those suspects in St. Paul this week, prosecutors said threats had been made against the informant, who recorded conversations with the defendants and was paid by the FBI.
Said's Twitter account was still active Friday and included tweets that were referenced in the criminal complaint against him. FOX 9 put together a sampling.
MPR says a detention hearing for Said was scheduled for Wednesday, April 29.
Separately, there was a development in the case against the men who are charged with conspiring to join the group Islamic State in Syria.
Two of those men were arrested in San Diego, where prosecutors say they planned to obtain fake passports before flying from Mexico to the Middle East. A court in San Diego ruled Friday one of those men should be returned to Minnesota to face the charges, KSTP reports.
A hearing for the other defendant in San Diego is scheduled for next Thursday, the station says.