ND man faces charges after passing out with food cooking on the stove - Bring Me The News

ND man faces charges after passing out with food cooking on the stove

Author:
Publish date:
Image placeholder title

A North Dakota man is accused of repeatedly passing out drunk with food burning on the stove, leading to the fire department have to respond.

A warrant for Richard David Coryell's arrest was issued Monday, according to Cass County court records, which show he's been charged with reckless endangerment (a class C felony), misdemeanor reckless endangerment and misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

The charges stem from two separate incidents – on May 27 and again on Sept. 2 – in which the Fargo Fire Department responded to his home after Coryell had left food burning on the stove, court documents say, according to Forum News Service.

In the Sept. 2 incident, firefighters found smoke had filled the home, Forum News says. They also found marks from previous fires.

Coryell told firefighters that he had been drinking and threatened to kill them if they didn't leave, Forum News notes.

The court records say Coryell later admitted he was an alcoholic who often forgets about food cooking on the stove, noting it might happen again, the publication says.

Next Up

Related

Man faces rare charge of bigamy

A man from Hollandale, Minn. could face up to 5 years in prison after marrying a woman -- when he was already married to another. According to the Albert Lea Tribune, Wayne Allen DeMay and his betrothed told the court he wasn't married. But later his estranged wife tracked him down to get a divorce only to discover he had remarried.