The Minnesota Department of Health is investigating a possible outbreak of norovirus at a recent wedding in southern Minnesota attended by 400 people, Minnesota Public Radio reported.
The wedding in question was the weekend of Dec. 1 in Leroy, Minn. A department spokesman said the state is "trying to interview a significant portion" of people at the event to find out who became ill in an effort to find the source of the illness.
The spokesman said it is unclear how many people at the wedding became sick.
According to the state health department, norovirus is spread through contact with fecal matter, and is spread primarily through food or hands that are not thoroughly washed. Symptoms of the gastrointestinal illness include vomiting, nausea or diarrhea.
Norovirus was suspected in an outbreak where 50 people were sicked after attending an event in Mankato last month.