“Back to Baseball”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. GENERAL. The BringMeTheNews “Back To Baseball” (the “Sweepstakes”) is a sweepstakes where one (1) eligible entrant will win one (1) prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes as described in Section 7 below. When entering the Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant will have the opportunity to enter his or her entry with respect to one (1) prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes as described in Section 4 below. The foregoing is a general description only of this Sweepstakes, and is qualified in its entirety by these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are permanent legal residents of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota (the “Sweepstakes Territory”) in the United States, and are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is void in all locations where prohibited or restricted by law; in the states of Alaska, Hawaii and New York; and anywhere outside the Sweepstakes Territory including but not limited to any jurisdiction, city, state or country located outside of the Sweepstakes Territory. Employees, officers and directors of BringMeTheNews (the “Sponsor”), Sweepstakes prize suppliers, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, public relations and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, are intended for viewing only within the Sweepstakes Territory, and entrants must be present in the Sweepstakes Territory at the time they enter.
3. TIMING. The Sweepstakes entry period begins at such time as the official entry form shall be published and made available to the public atwww.bringmethenews.com on April 2, 2012 and shall end at 11:59p.m. CT on April 9, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER. a. To enter this Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period go to www.BringMeTheNews.com and click on the “Back to Baseball” section of the page and follow the links and instructions for online entry. Completely fill out the online entry form and submit it in accordance with the on-screen instructions. During the Entry Period, entrants will have the opportunity to submit one (1) entry per household with respect to the one (1) prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes as described in Section 7 below. All online entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period.
b. HOW TO ENTER BY MAIL: To enter by Mail, on a 3” x 5” card handprint your first and last name, street address, city, city, state, zip code, phone number with area code, birth date. Mail your completed entry BringMeTheNews.Com at 110 N. 5th St., Ste 520, Minneapolis, MN 55403. Mail-in entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on April 10, 2012. One entry allowed per person regardless of entry method used, and any subsequent entries will not be eligible. Entries which are late, lost, stolen, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, postage due, or irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may at the request of the Sponsor be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet Service Provider, Online Service Provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the submitted email address. Submitting mass or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
b. Entries Generally. Limit: One (1) entry per HOUSEHOLD in this Sweepstakes. Entries in excess of one person per household in the Sweepstakes will be voided. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and no entry will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of online submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. See Section 13 below (“Data Collection; Promotional Materials”) regarding data collected in connection with an entrant’s entry.. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of / information provided by a potential prize winner. Entrants will cooperate with Sponsor and its representatives in connection with any and all verification activities.
5. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor or its designee (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winner, and awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
6. DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION.
a. Drawing. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, Sponsor will conduct a drawing for one (1) prize to be awarded and winner announced in this Sweepstakes on or about March 6, 2012 (the “Prize Drawing”). All eligible entries in this Sweepstakes received by Sponsor during the Entry Period will constitute the one (1) and only pool of entries for the Prize Drawing. At the Prize Drawing, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among the pool of eligible entries for the applicable prize. At the Prize Drawing, Sponsor will also select one alternate winner. Only one prize will be awarded.
b. All Drawing Odds; Notification. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in this Sweepstakes. Further, odds of winning a specific prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in this Sweepstakes with respect to the specific prize. Any entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Any potential winner will be notified by phone, letter via the United States Postal Service, and or email at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Any potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (collectively “Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. Such Release must be returned to Sponsor by the date and / or time indicated within such documents. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the first attempt to contact him / her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor in his/her place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received for this Sweepstakes for the applicable prize.
a. Prize Information. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, in this Sweepstakes, one (1) prize will be awarded. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the one (1) prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is approximately $475 The actual Prize may vary from prize pictures used to promote the Sweepstakes. Any depiction of the prize is for illustrative purposes only. The Prize is not transferable and transportation is not included. The one (1) prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is described as follows:
“Back to Baseball”
-Two nights at the Downtown Minneapolis Radisson
-A $75 gift card to Firelake Grill House
-A $100 gift card for game tickets
8. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its designees’, successors’, and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country of origin for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review, or consent.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but is under no obligation) in its sole discretion to award any or all of the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
10. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, news outlets, websites, Sweepstakes partners and prize suppliers and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, managers, members, owners and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes. Further, by entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that at the time of such entry into this Sweepstakes, he/she is a permanent legal resident of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, or South Dakota.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any telephone, mail, website, or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including, but not limited to, entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link.
12. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Hennepin County, Minnesota; each entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. IN JURISDICTIONS THAT DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE APPLICABLE TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
13. DATA COLLECTION; PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS. Entrants provide personal information on the entry form when they enter this Sweepstakes. Sponsor collects this information and uses it to (a) administer this Sweepstakes and (b) for market research and for other marketing purposes. Sponsor may share this information with third parties who need access to this information to perform services on Sponsor’s behalf. Sponsor may also share this information with select marketing partners who may use it to contact you with information and offers they believe will be of interest to you.
14. NAME REMOVAL NOTIFICATION. To have your name and address removed from Sponsor’s mailing list, send a written request via email to email@example.com. Be sure to include in the request your full name, address, e-mail and specifically indicate that you wish to be removed from the mailing list. Your request will be processed no later than ten (10) days after receipt, after which time no further Sweepstakes mailings or other communications from Sponsor will be sent to you.
15. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available online at www.bringmethenews.com.
16. WINNER’S LIST. To request a list of winners, send a written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received no later than March 4, 2012
17. SPONSOR. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is: BringMeTheNews,email@example.com.