Tiger Woods jumped the gun last month when he signed up to play in the Safeway Open only to withdraw after thousands of people bought tickets to the PGA season opener.
But now Tiger says he's back for real, this time at the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas Dec. 1-4.
"I am excited to make my return at the Hero World Challenge at Albany and play in this terrific tournament," Woods said in a statement, via ESPN. "This is our 18th year, and every year we put together a top field that showcases the best golfers from the previous season. Albany is an outstanding setting, and I can't thank Hero MotoCorp enough for their support of the tournament and my foundation."
Woods withdrew from the PGA opener and the Turkish Airlines Open citing flaws in his game, describing his abilities as "vulnerable." USA Today notes that Woods' back, which was operated on three times since he last played, wasn't the problem.
Jesper Parnevik recently said Woods is striking the ball like he was 15 years ago. We'll finally find out after more than a year since his last professional tournament.