Gopher football coach P.J. Fleck announced the hiring of nine assistant coaches and four staff members on Tuesday.
Here's who's on his offensive staff:
- Kirk Ciarrocca - offensive coordinator/quarterbacks
- Kenni Burns - running backs
- Brian Callahan - tight ends
- Ed Warinner - offensive line
Ciarrocca, Burns, Callahan and Simon were part of Fleck's staff at Western Michigan. This will be the first time Warinner and Fleck have worked with one another.
Here's who will take care of defense and special teams:
- Robb Smith - defensive coordinator/linebackers
- Maurice Linguist - defensive backs
- Bryce Paup - defensive line
- Rob Wenger - special teams coordinator.
Wenger was also on Fleck's staff last season, while Smith and Fleck were both assistant coaches together at Rutgers University. Paup and Linguist haven't worked with Fleck before.
Fleck also appointed four more to his staff:
- Gerrit Chernoff as general manager
- Dan Nichol as his head strength and conditioning coach
- Marcus Hendrickson and director of player personnel
- Matt Childres as director of video.
“I am proud to announce these additions to the Minnesota staff," Fleck said in a press release. “I have worked with the majority of these elite men and am confident they will help take Gopher football to the next level."