A photo posted by Save-A-Pet (@saveapet) on Dec 5, 2015 at 9:54pm PST
Not interested in getting photos of small humans with Santa Claus?
Well maybe consider heading to the mall with your dog or cat. Or cockatiel. Maybe even a turtle.
A handful of Santa photo opps in the Twin Cities area are hosting an animal night, where you can bring your beloved family pet to sit with Mr. Claus himself.
That includes the Mall of America, which has two pet-Santa photo sessions: Dec. 6 and 13, both Sundays, from 7:30-9 p.m.
Sidewalk Dog has a list of similar events elsewhere, including at Southdale, Rosedale, Ridgedale, Eden Prairie and Northtown malls.
Some also serve as part-fundraiser. At Northtown Mall in Blaine, "Pet Photo Nights" will include a donation to the Animal Humane Society's Coon Rapids Shelter for every photo package that's purchased.
There are two more nights of that – Dec. 7 and 9, 5-9 p.m.
Mall of America guidelines
If you're planning on heading to the Mall of America, there are some (admittedly kind of amusing in parts) guidelines to know beforehand. Here are a few we pulled out.
Pets you can not bring
- Wild animals such as lions, raccoons, or bears.
- Farm animals (baby goats, calves, etc. etc.)
- Snakes or lizards longer than 6 feet
- Venomous animals
- Wolves or wolf-dog hybrids
A few other rules
– If your animal poops (or creates some other sort of mess), you're responsible for cleaning it up.
– All pets must be up to date on vaccinations, and you have to bring proof.
– You have to sign and bring a waiver before the visit.
– All animals must be on a leash, or, if that's not possible, in an appropriate cage/crate.
– Mall of America staff can turn away any pet if they feel it doesn't meet these guidelines, or if the animal is being aggressive toward anyone or anything.