Update: Missing 13-year-old in Duluth found safe - Bring Me The News

Update: Missing 13-year-old in Duluth found safe

Author:
Publish date:
Image placeholder title

A 13-year-old boy who had been missing since Tuesday night has been found safe, Duluth police announced Wednesday afternoon.

Jonathan Kalep Beckman left the Northwood's Children's Facility at 40th Avenue W. and Ninth St. with two other children from the facility Tuesday night, and police had asked for the public's help in locating them.

Beckman's mother told police he has been diagnosed autism and a conduct behavior disorder.

Police said they received a call shortly after 3 p.m. Wednesday from someone who said Beckman and other boys were walking along Haines Road. Officers located the boys in that area and took them back to Northwoods.

Northwood's Children's Facility is a nonprofit facility that cares for and treats children with emotional, behavioral and learning disabilities, according to its website.

Next Up

Related