Maple Grove police search family home of girl missing since 1989 - Bring Me The News

Maple Grove police search family home of girl missing since 1989

Author:
Publish date:
Image placeholder title

The investigation into the disappearance of a Maple Grove teenager 25 years ago is getting new attention. Maple Grove police executed a search warrant Sunday morning at a home owned by the girl's parents, WCCO reports.

Amy’s mother, Susan Pagnac Sr., on Sunday night told the Star Tribune that she doesn’t know why investigators were back at the house, which sits next to a park and pond.

“I have been trying to get law enforcement to do things for 25 years now, and having the fact that they’re going to do something, even if it doesn’t make much sense to me, is wonderful,” Pagnac told the newspaper.

Amy Sue Pagnac was 13 when she disappeared from a gas station in Osseo, Minnesota, in August 1989. She and her father, Marshall Midden, were on their way home from visiting family property in Isanti County when they stopped at the gas station.

The girl waited in the car while her father went inside to use the restroom. Midden told authorities that when he returned to the car, Pagnac was gone. Authorities said at the time that Pagnac may have had a seizure and become disoriented, since she had experienced them in the past. She has not been found.

The search warrant was executed around 9 a.m. Sunday at a residence in the 9700 block of Hemlock Lane North in Maple Grove. Property records show the home is still owned by Marshall Midden and Sue Pagnac, KSTP reports. Police also taped off the Forestview Pond Park tennis courts, according to FOX 9.

Maple Grove Police Captain Keith Terlinden said at a news conference Sunday afternoon that the search will likely take several days, although he did not release any details about what authorities might be looking for.

“I can’t give them to you at this time,” Terlinden said, according to WCCO. “The search warrant that we executed today is a sealed document, so it will not be public data.”

Terlinden says no one is in custody at this time.

The investigation is being conducted by Maple Grove Police, the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Just last week, new developments in the search for another missing Minnesota teenager, Jacob Wetterling, were revealed. Wetterling was 12 when he was abducted in October 1989 by a masked man as he was riding his bike near his home in St. Joseph, in central Minnesota. He has not been found and the case remains open.

The Stearns County sheriff said his department is taking another look at a number of other assault cases involving teenage boys that occurred in a nearby community several months before Wetterling's disappearance.

Last year, Susan Pagnac and Marshal Midden told Fox 9 News that they believe their daughter is still alive, and said the rescue of three women who had been held captive for more than a decade in Cleveland gave them hope.

Next Up

Related