President Donald Trump's temporary travel restrictions have been paused.
Friday evening, U.S. District Judge James Robart temporarily blocked Trump's executive order that bans most travel to the U.S. from seven Muslim-majority countries.
According to Business Insider, the ruling came after Washington state and Minnesota pressed for a nationwide hold.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security released a statement Saturday saying they would comply with the order – for the time being.
"In accordance with the judge's ruling, DHS has suspended any and all actions implementing the affected sections of the Executive Order entitled," the statement reads. "This includes actions to suspend passenger system rules that flag travelers for operational action subject to the Executive Order."
Are things back to normal?
Officials will go back to inspecting travelers in accordance with standard policy and procedure.
Additionally, the cancellation of some visas has been reversed. CNN says the reversal only applies to visas that have not been stamped or marked as canceled.
The State Department has said up to 60,000 visas have been canceled.
However, the statement added that the Department of Justice plans to file "an emergency stay of this order." That would block the judge's order in favor of the president's executive order.
"The Order is intended to protect the homeland and the American people, and the President has no higher duty and responsibility than to do so," the statement reads.
President Trump took to twitter to express his feelings towards the order.
He expressed concern in one tweet saying, "When a country is no longer able to say who can, and who cannot , come in & out, especially for reasons of safety &.security - big trouble!"
In another tweet, Trump criticized the "so-called judge" saying the order "essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country." He went on to call the order "ridiculous," stating it will be overturned.
The immigration order
The Trump administration says the temporary freeze lets federal officials develop a stricter vetting process for ensuring that terrorists are kept out of the U.S.
Prior to the order, about 900 refugees were expected to resettle in Minnesota alone over the next 120 days through the seven organizations in Minnesota that do resettlement work.
Wednesday, Minnesota joined a lawsuit arguing the limits President Trump put on refugees and immigrants last week are unconstitutional.
USA Today reported earlier this week the Department of Homeland Security will allow 872 refugees to enter the U.S. this week, anyways.