Police suspect rat poison found at a dog park in Crystal on Saturday was put there intentionally.
According to a post on the police department's Facebook page, officers responded to Welcome Park after a dog sniffed out the poison and began chewing on it.
Owners Jason and Connie Simon quickly pulled a bluish brick from their Bernese mountain dog's mouth and called 911 when they realized what it was, the Star Tribune reported.
The couple used a water bottle to flush out the animal's mouth.
The dog, "Siona," doesn't appear to have ingested any of the poison and was not injured.
Police have asked residents to keep an eye out for anything suspicious at the park. The newspaper said signs were posted alerting dog owners that poison had been found there.