There's been a lively discussion on Reddit this week, as users revealed their favorite spots in rural Minnesota to get a good meal.
Redditor _xoSdeR_ posted on the Minnesota subreddit looking for recommendations for a "fantastic little restaurant that would be fun to stop at," preferably with steak and seafood as he travels around the state.
It got dozens of responses, with users sharing their favorite small-town diners and eateries that can be found all over the state.
_xoSdeR_ shared their own personal favorite, the Red Onion Drive Inn in Belgrade, west of St. Cloud, which they picked for the soft-serve ice cream that "infuses candy bars into them."
Here is a selection of restaurants picked out by Reddit.
- King's Bar and Grill in Miesville, near Red Wing, which has "great burgers and fries."
- The Branding Iron in Preston, SE Minnesota, "excellent prime rib!"
- Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet, NE Minnesota.
- Rapidan Dam Store, southwest of Mankato, "unbelievable shakes and pies."
- Sal's Bar and Grill in St. Joseph, "soups are legendary and homemade."
- Hughie's Tacos in Grand Marais, North Shore, "huge portions and great service."
- Carl's Corner in Essig, 10 mins from New Ulm, SE Minnesota, "best pizza I've had, amazing chicken."
- Charlie's Cafe in Freeport, off I-94, west-central Minnesota, "try the sour cream and raisin pie."
- Rocky's Pizza House in Park Rapids, "some of the best pizza I've had."