Dog killed in house explosion in Uptown - Bring Me The News

Dog killed in house explosion in Uptown

Author:
Publish date:

Emergency crews rushed to a house explosion near the intersection of 31st Street and Grand Avenue in south Minneapolis Tuesday afternoon.

The Star Tribune says around 4 p.m., firefighters responded to the home, which partially collapsed.

There were no reports of injuries from the explosion, according to WCCO TV. However, a dog was found dead in the home, the Pioneer Press reported.

“I heard two big explosions and I kind of felt it through my chest," neighbor Ray Cloutier told the newspaper.

Sources with the fire department told FOX 9 that a gas explosion caused the front porch to collapse.

KARE 11 and FOX 9 has a live feed from their helicopter.

Here are some images tweeted by reporters at the scene.

Next Up

Related

Man in shower survives house explosion

Peter Hansen, 67, had just mowed his lawn and ducked inside his Vergas home to take a shower, which might have been the safest place for him given what happened next. Hansen made a remarkable escape after an explosion brought his burning home crumbling down around him.

Gas leak, cigarette possibly caused house explosion

A neighbor rushed to the aid of a family whose house exploded in Tracy over the weekend, charging into the burning home to save a baby. The mother and three daughters who lived there were badly injured. Neighbors said the woman told them she had lit a cigarette prior to the blast.