The Minneapolis rock band who had $33,000 of musical equipment stolen will be able to continue its tour, starting in Mankato Saturday.
While they haven't had their stolen gear returned or seen a thief apprehended, Cold Kingdom will be back on stage after being given a helping hand by audio equipment manufacturer Electro-Voice in Burnsville.
Electro-Voice donated audio gear to the Minneapolis-based band to ensure the show will go on, after the musicians were devastated by losing much of their equipment when their trailer was stolen in north Minneapolis.
"Words can not express our gratitude to Mike and the entire staff at Electro-Voice for helping Cold Kingdom in a HUGE way," the band said on their Facebook page after visiting the store. "We had the opportunity to see what they do to make the equipment that keeps us sounding great."
FOX 9 reports that Electro-Voice donated $15,000 of microphones, speakers and other equipment to the band on Friday.
The TV station adds that police say they have made "substantial progress" in their investigation of the theft of the band's trailer on 34. Ave. N.
The trailer contained equipment including microphones, a drum set, equipment casings, sheet music and merchandise.
A GoFundMe page set up to help the band get back on their feet is also going well, with just under $7,000 being donated so far out of a $24,700 target.
As well as the donation from Electro-Voice, Cold Kingdom says it has also received help from Groove City Guitars and Coldcock Whiskey since the theft.
Cold Kingdom will perform at Busters Sports Bar & Grill from 9 p.m. Saturday, with entry costing $5. All proceeds will go towards helping the band replace their stolen gear, as well as helping another local band PINWHEEL, which suffered a similar theft.