Skip to main content

Missing girl: Search continues at Maple Grove house

  • Author:
  • Updated:
    Original:

Police will continue their search for clues at the home of a Maple Grove girl who disappeared 25 years ago for the next several days, officials said Monday afternoon.

Maple Grove police executed a search warrant Sunday morning at a home owned by the parents of the girl, Amy Sue Pagnac, who was 13 when she went missing in 1989 at a gas station in Osseo, Minnesota.

The search warrant is under seal, and police gave no details as to what exactly they're looking for at the house.

Maple Grove Police Captain Keith Terlinden said late Monday afternoon the search would continue through Friday, or possibly longer than that, FOX 9 reports. He added that no digging has been done at the home at this point, contrary to some news reports.

A large tent has been erected in the driveway of the house on Hemlock Lane North, and dozens of investigators from the local police department, the Hennepin County Sheriff's Department and the FBI are on the scene.

The owners of the property, Susan Pagnac and Marshall Midden, had to leave the home while the search is going on, and they are reportedly staying with friends.

Terlinden said there are "no identified suspects" in the case, and said the parents are not considered suspects, according to KARE 11. He also said that he doesn't know whether Amy Pagnac is alive or dead, according to KARE 11.

Amy Sue Pagnac was with her father on August 5, 1989, driving home from visiting family property in Isanti County, when they stopped at the gas station in Osseo.

The girl waited in the car while her father went inside to use the restroom. Midden told authorities that when he returned to the car, Pagnac was gone. Authorities said at the time that Pagnac may have had a seizure and become disoriented, since she had experienced them in the past.

Susan Pagnac said in an interview with KARE 11 that she welcomes the police attention to the case, and she has not given up hope that Amy will be found alive.

Last week, new developments in the search for another missing Minnesota teenager, Jacob Wetterling, were revealed. Wetterling was 12 when he was abducted in October 1989 by a masked man as he was riding his bike near his home in St. Joseph, in central Minnesota. He has not been found and the case remains open.

The Stearns County sheriff said his department is taking another look at a number of other assault cases involving teenage boys that occurred in a nearby community several months before Wetterling’s disappearance.

This embed is invalid

Next Up

Tettegouche State Park bridge

Trails reopen as waters subside, but bridges damaged at Tettegouche State Park

Water levels on the river have dropped about six to eight feet since Friday.

Keith Harvell

Body pulled from Mississippi River ID'd as missing Elk River man

Keith Harvell had been missing since early last month.

900 W Broadway Ave, Minneapolis, Minnesota - July 2021

2 victims identified in double-fatal north Minneapolis shooting

A 21-year-old man and a 51-year-old man were identified as the people who died at the scene this past weekend.

Proctor football

Former Proctor HS football player pleads guilty to sexual assault of teammate

The case will also remain in juvenile court, with conditions.

Doug Wardlow

Doug Wardlow reneges on promise, will challenge GOP's AG candidate in primary

Wardlow's announcement sparked swift criticism from the MN GOP and the party-endorsed candidate, Jim Schultz.

Flickr - welcome to minnesota sign - Tony Webster

US News '150 Best Places to Live' features 1 from MN, 3 from WI

The latest US News list is for the most populous metro areas only, so no small towns.

tornado

7 tornadoes touched down last week in western MN, ND

Two of the seven were EF-2 level tornadoes, according to the National Weather Service.

covid

Minnesota's COVID-19 update for Tuesday, May 17

72 hours of case data reported over the weekend is included in Tuesday updates.

Stallings surveillance footage - screengrab - crop

City of Minneapolis, Jaleel Stallings reach $1.5M settlement

Although a settlement was made, the city will not admit fault or take any responsibility for the incident as part of the agreement with Stallings.

Kayak

2 rescued after kayaks capsize on Sauk River

Recent heavy rainfall produced a strong currents on the water.

Related