Every year, businesses offer discounts and free stuff on Tax Day. Here's a look at some of the deals you may be interested in, and how you can take advantage. (Make sure to click through to the official site for all the terms and details).
Sing for a free burger (and other food deals)
RetailMeNot collected deals at seven eateries, including:
- A free burger at Hard Rock Cafe if you sing a song out loud.
- Get a free "The Original" sandwich at Schlotzksky's when you buy a 32-ounce drink and bag of chips.
Forbes also has a list of food deals.
At Bruegger's Bagels, you can get a Big Bagel Bundles for $10.40 (that's $3.50 cheaper than usual). You need to fill out this form though.
For a free sugar cookie, stop in at a Great American Cookie store Wednesday.
EOnline has a lot of the fast (or fast-ish) food deals covered. A sampling of the options:
- McDonald's: "Buy one, get one for a penny" deal on Big Macs and Quarter Pounders.
- Sonic: Half-price cheeseburgers.
- Burger King: A bunch of coupons that run through April 19 (which EOnline is counting as Tax Day deals).
- Boston Marketplace has a buy-one-get-one-free deal on meals.
Food isn't the only area deals can be had.
There's an Office Depot coupon to get up to 2 pounds of paper shredded for free.
Get a free "Hydro Massage experience" anytime through April 17.
Free gift cards from Pizza Hut, though you have to print out, fill out and mail in this form, and you're not guaranteed a gift card.
And for even more options (this could honestly be 10,000 words of freebies), check out one of the many, many lists published online this week.